Xi'an

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My time in Xi'an was rainy and cool so I was much less motivated to take pictures and extensively tour the city. Aside from the terracotta soldiers, Xi'an has a few other noteworthy sites like the Muslim Quarter with it's delicious food and colorful carts, bell tower and drum tower, the city walls, a few museums, and a pinch of pagodas. Here are a few of the highlights I saw...


The bell tower in the center of the city

The Muslim Quarter had cheap food and inexpensive souvenirs, but bargaining was a definite must!


The entrance to the Stele Museum
The Stele museum housed ancient tablets with Chinese inscriptions. I'm not exactly sure what was written on the massive, cold stone tablets but they looked important.


A demonstration of how the inscriptions were created long ago

The top of the city wall

A view from the city wall

1 comments:

LACarroll said...

I think the mist and haze made the pictures even better.

Post a Comment