Diary- New Teacher

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Each week, as I mentioned in a previous blog, students must turn in a diary entry in their journals.  Usually, the stories are about everyday activities like school, homework, computer games, and soccer.  My job is to check their grammar and correct their mistakes in an effort to help them improve their written skills.  Every now and then, I come across an entry that makes me laugh and I've decided to share them with all of you in a weekly blog entry labeled, "diaries."  

**Just a reminder, at school I go by my middle name, Renee. 

New Teacher
by Naomi (5th grade)

Today we changed teachers
in English academy.
The teacher's name was Renee (?)
Renee? is okay?
My class was noisy
Because David!
David was very noisy.
But today, David was very quiet.
Because new teacher Renee.
Teacher was little scary.
And she has very high nose.

This entry, from when I first started teaching in Korea, came with a lovely drawing of me at the bottom of the page.  Of course, the portrait was of my profile with an arrow pointing at my nose.  Koreans, especially children, are very fascinated with Western features and this wasn't the only time I've been told I have a "tall" nose.  Thanks, students.  

4 comments:

damona.mae said...

hahahaha. this made me laugh. teacher was little scary. lol. so great. first you are threatened by the winn kids, now you are scaring the koreans. miss you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Renee-
We love you for your long nose! And stop scaring those kids!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Holly, sorry to say you inherited the "tall nose" from Nana Oney! Even though she is very "little", she has a "long nose"! As far as being "Scary Renee", that really surprises me! I just know you are sweet and loving!
Love, Mom

travelgirl said...

Thanks all for confirming the size of my nose.

:)

Post a Comment