Lavon & Derrick, Missing You From Afar!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

As people randomly begin and end their teaching contracts in Korea, it is sometimes difficult to form lasting friendships. A person you meet within the first few days of arriving in the new country might be heading home within the next week. After saying goodbye to a few new friends when we first arrived, Andrea and I were lucky to work the majority of our year alongside the same people whom we formed close bonds with. But, the end of June brought about the inevitable departure of our good friends, Lavon and Derrick; and it was strange to say goodbye. Working, exploring, shopping, traveling, and eating together was ritualistic and it was hard to imagine life in Korea without them. We miss them dearly, but look forward to visiting their home in Indiana and eating some pizza off the grill!

To Derrick & Lavon,
This video is for you!


2 comments:

Derrick Null said...

Nice video, those two people in it were really wonderful people. Just my style. Thanks for the message. See you on the US side.

Lavon said...

Oh my word! I loved it:) Of course, my favorite was Andy's delightful expression. He was lovely. I also laughed about the list at the end of the video. When I was shopping with my mom the other day, we saw this huge tub of cheese balls and I had to tell her about the road trip. Oh Lee and the chicken balls . . . Anyway thanks for the great memories! We miss you guys too!!!

Post a Comment