Diary- I go to Ballet

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I've come to the conclusion that many Koreans have an issue with weight just like millions of other people in far away countries. There seem to be about 2 sizes for both men and women, tiny and small, and anything heavier baffles them. Seemingly reluctant to discuss their own weight, many Koreans are not shy about critiquing others. As seen in television commercials, the need to be perfect is just as intense in Korea as it is in America and I will, perhaps, leave that for another blog. Until then, enjoy these humorously honest diary entries from my students...

I go to Ballet
by Jessica

Today, I go to Ballet, as always.
My partner is my favorite friend.
She is tall so she is heavy.
And I can't hold up her leg.
I'm sorry to her. I'm not strong so I can't hold up her leg.
It's very sorry ballet.
I want change my partner.  But I like her.
She is good at ballet.  And me, too.
Good bye.



My First Sister
by Nancy

My sister's name is Ji.
She is twenty years old.
And she is very beautiful but she's nickname is Pig.
Because she is fat.
So she went to health club.
And she can drive.
But she is the first step.
And she is my teacher. Because she is everyday teaches.
She's very good teacher.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could hardly stop laughing on these diary entries. It is hard to lift a heavy leg and even worse to be called a pig. It is rough if you are not small or tiny.
Love, Mom

Post a Comment