Pretty Woman

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I really screwed up this year. In an effort to save money and out of sheer laziness, I never visited a hair salon. At some point this spring I convinced Andrea to trim my hair about 1/8" (wasn't sure how great her skills were) and she did a decent job. However, it recently became apparent how bad my split-ends were becoming so I decided to get a cut before leaving on my trip.

I just returned from the best salon experience I've ever had, and the "screwing up" factor is in the realization that I should've been going regularly all year long. It was fantastic. The salon was beautifully decorated and the stylists were perfectly professional. They hung up my purse, massaged my head, and spent endless time on making sure I looked better at the end than when I came into the salon. The stylist's assistant even helped blow-dry and straighten my hair, and with two people simultaneously working on me I couldn't help channeling Pretty Woman... except for the whole hooker thing.

It was a relaxing and indulgent experience that I definitely wish I could have again, and it didn't break the bank—only $16! I love Korea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment