A Korean Thanksgiving

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Celebrating Thanksgiving in Korea is similar to celebrating in America.  There are some vital steps that should not be overlooked.

Step 1 - Carve the turkey.

Our cold pre-cooked turkey arrived courtesy of the U.S. Military.  Sometimes it's the people you know...


Step 2 - Place turkey slices on an oven rack for cooking. 

Everything's smaller in Korea...


Step 3 - Place the turkey in the oven.

Small portions at a time means everyone enjoys the freshest meat possible...


Step 4 - Wait for the turkey to reach its desired temperature.

I know... very small.


Step 5 - Take out the fine china and set the table

... all three of them.


Step 6 - Eat like you've starved yourself all year in anticipation of this very meal.

Delicious!


Step 7 - Smile in remembrance of all that you have to be thankful for.

Good food and even better friends


Step 8 - End the night on a high note.

Apple pie a la mode and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" - 2 great ways to welcome the start of the Christmas season.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought the studios in Boston were under-equipped!
On another note, at my office I'm applying for a travel scholarship. If I 'win' the essay contest I get $1,500 to use towards my trip!

Post a Comment