Comas

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our first payday arrived just in time for a weekend of Christmas shopping. Hopping on the train and heading to Insadong put me in the giving spirit, and I let the money burn a whole right through my pocket and into the hands of eager shop owners.  The bustling streets of Insadong are lined with store fronts displaying everything from handmade pottery and jewelry to exorcism masks. Blissful shoppers peruse the merchandise in shopping induced comas, unaware of the activity around them.  It's easy to get caught up in the moment - one minute you're browsing and the next you're approaching the cash register with more souvenirs than you can carry - and rarely does anyone escape empty-handed.  I was no exception, and only ended my spending spree when the day's money well ran dry. 

Just as I was coming out of my shopping coma, we sat down for dinner at "On the Border," a Mexican chain restaurant.  The colorful menu was bursting with mouth-watering options like fajitas, burritos, tacos, and enchiladas.  I succumbed to the inevitable food coma, and enjoyed my creamy enchiladas suizas as if I had never tasted Mexican food before.  On our way out, I thanked the Korean waitress, "kam-sa-ham-ni-da."  Proud and excited she replied, "Adios!" 
  


Heading to Insadong for a "girls only" day of shopping.

A crowded subway


A crowded mall

Cheers to "On the Border" for making it all the way to Korea!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,
The shopping sounds so exciting! We could really do some damage together! It wouldn't take long to go through a paycheck, but we may have trouble getting everything back on the subway, especially if we would have to stand the whole way back.
Keep us updated.
Love, Mom

Post a Comment