Upcoming Trips

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lately, most of my free time has been spent researching plane tickets, hostels, and travel information for a handful of destinations. I've booked 2 trips so far with the biggest "Not-Quite All Over Asia" trip waiting on deck. During our 3 day weekend in early June (6-8), Andrea and I are heading down south to the "Hawaii/Disney World" of Korea, Jeju Island. I'm not sure how similar to either American destination it will be; but either way it's an island, which means I'll definitely see the ocean. 

In July, we're heading to Japan! We'll only have 5 nights/6 days, but we're packing it all in so we won't leave disappointed. The plan is to fly into Tokyo and then immediately hop on a bullet train to Hiroshima. After a night in Hiroshima and a visit to the A-bomb dome we'll make our way back toward Kyoto where I'll hopefully see a geisha. Two nights in Kyoto and then it's back to Tokyo for two more nights before we return to Korea. I wish we had more time to spend in Japan as I'm sure we're going to miss a lot, but I'm excited to make the most of the few days we do have.

Top things I want to see:
1.  a geisha
2. Mt. Fuji

That's it. If I see those two things, I'll be a very happy girl. However, if I am able to see a sumo wrestler and a samurai warrior fighting to earn the love of a geisha then I'd be REALLY happy. But, I'll leave that to chance.

1 comments:

Mom said...

This is one trip I would love to be on. Of course, I would love to be along on all, but especially this one.
Love you, Mom

Post a Comment